TOP 10 GAMES FOR FATHER’S DAY
Give Dad the gift of games this Father’s Day
By Emily McDougall – © U. Games Australia
Father’s Day is fast approaching – the 6th September for those of you not yet sure. Don’t worry though, you’re not alone in ignorance. I was one of you before I discovered the gift of games!
Here are our Top 10 UG Games to gift Dad this Father’s Day!
1. Hard Quiz The Game – Does Dad watch Hard Quiz? If not, make sure you turn it on this Wednesday at 8pm on ABC. Hosted by Logie award-winning comedian Tom Gleeson, the Hard Quiz Board Game is a sure-fire favourite for Dad this Father’s Day. From the iconic Expert, Tom & People’s rounds, down to the Hard Quiz mug playing pawns and the board game shape, players fully immerse themselves in the TV show experience. So whether Dad’s a trivia wiz or a Hard Quiz fan, Hard Quiz The Game makes for an entertaining experience the whole family can enjoy.
Buy now at Big W, Catch, Myer, Aussie Toys Online, Mr Toys Toyworld, GiftBox, Casey’s Toys, The Gamesmen and more! Check out ‘How To Play Hard Quiz’ on UG Studios.
2. Smart Ass – Is Dad the smart ass in your household? Smart Ass is the game for Dad’s who scream out their answer even when it’s not their turn. In Smart Ass, each question has ten clues – the first player to yell out the correct answer wins the round and takes a step closer to being the ultimate “Smart Ass.” Smart Ass is University Games top seller, with more than 1.5 million in print! Also now available is Smart Ass Tin & Smart Ass 90s Nostalgia Tin. Available to buy now at Target, Amazon, Board Game Geek, Gamesworld & Catch. Check out our latest episode of Smart Ass on UG Studios.
3. Dumber Than A Box Of Rocks – If Dad’s a true smart ass, take him on in Dumber Than A Box Of Rocks. This quick play trivia race challenges the knowledge of humans versus rocks. Draw a card, pick a category, shake the box and open the top. Who has the correct answer: Dad or the rocks?
Buy now at Board Gamer, Spotlight, Catch, The Gamesmen and Amazon. Stay tuned for Dumber Than A Box Of Rocks episode coming soon to UG Studios.
4. Don’t Drink & Draw – Whether or not Dad prefers to drink or draw, Don’t Drink and Draw is the natural, rowdy successor to Pictionary in party drawing games. It’s party mayhem in this hilarious game where every player draws and guesses on every turn! Choose your Person, Action, and Location cards, then draw the combination. Whether it is “Frankenstein bungee jumping off the Eiffel Tower” or “Humpty Dumpty doing a striptease in jail,” everyone is guaranteed laughs as they guess each other’s drawings.
Buy now at Catch, Amazon, Board Gamer, Spotlight, The Gamesmen and The Nile. Check out ‘How To Play Don’t Drink & Draw’ on UG Studios.
5. Pub Trivia Game – Due to COVID, Dad may not be able to get to the pub this Father’s Day, so why not bring the pub to him with Pub Trivia! The Pub Trivia Board Game, Australia’s favourite pastime, is also now available as a tin game, perfect for Father’s Day festivities and play on the go. Complete with all new questions, it can also be used as a booster pack to the original board game.
Buy now at Big W, Spotlight, Mr Toys Toyworld, Gameology & Catch.
6. Man Bites Dog – Is Dad one for his funny quirks? In Man Bites Dog score the most points by creating outrageous headlines – harder to use words are worth more points! This is another tin game, perfect for travel, parties and family game nights.
Buy now at Mr Toys Toyworld, Catch, Amazon, Yellow Octopus and The Gamesmen.
7. Stupid Deaths – Grab Dad one of our bestselling games this Father’s Day! Stupid Deaths challenges players to identify myth versus fact. Turns out Darwin was right, many people die in utterly ridiculous ways. In this hilarious party game, players work to beat the grim reaper before the grim reaper beats them. Stupid Deaths is the game of grave humour, where players who are dead right, win! Stupid Deaths Tin also now available.
Buy now at Big W, Kmart, The Gamesmen, Mr Toys Toyworld, Velogear & Amazon.
8. Dumb Criminals – Following the success of Stupid Deaths, Dumb Criminals is the riotously funny board game taking crime to a stupidly, funny level. Use your selected crew to undertake criminal heists and collect cold hard cash as you move around the board. Developed by the designers of Stupid Deaths, Dumb Criminals will have you battling it out against other players, to determine whether a hilariously bungled crime is true or false! But watch out – one wrong move might land you and your crew in the pen.
Buy now at Amazon, The Gamesmen, GiftBox, Mr Toys Toyworld, Catch & The Nile. Learn more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIH9BwEX8sI
9. 5 Second Rule – If your household doesn’t already own 5 Second Rule, do yourself a favour and gift it to Dad this Father’s Day. This game is a win for the whole family and a household staple for entertaining guests! It should be easy to name 3 breeds of dogs – but can you do it under the pressure of 5 seconds twisting down, and with other players staring at you, waiting for you to get flustered? It’s all in good fun with this fast-paced game where you have to just spit it out using the 5 Second Rule!
Buy now at Target, Big W, Toys R Us, Kmart, Kogan, Gameology & Casey’s Toys.
10. 5 Second Rule Uncensored – If Dad already has a soft spot for 5 Second Rule, then why not mix it up and gift 5 Second Rule Uncensored, the adult-version, this Father’s Day. It seems easy to name three night-time activities, but can you do it without getting tongue-tied and flustered?
Buy now at Big W, Dick Smith and Kogan.
If you would like us to recommend a stockist in your area call 1300 998 150 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA
Email: email@example.com for more information.